Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Case of the "shoulds"

As we start this new term of school, and with any new term I always say I'm going to be more organized, study more, sleep more, take better care of myself in general.  
It's almost like new years resolutions every nine weeks.
We are only 3 days in and I'm already feeling overwhelmed and behind.
(Guess that's what I get for complaining about how easy/unchallenging last term was.
Don't get me wrong, I actually am enjoying my classes so far.  It's just it seems the more busy I get, the more I tend to shut down.  
For instance, I want to read more non-school books, but when I pick one up I think I "should" be reading a my text book.  I want to go to the gym but when I'm there I feel I "should" be studying.  I love to cook homemade meals, but I could be writing a paper, cleaning my room, or studying meds in that time instead.
Basically,
 all the back and forth of what I want to do and what I "should" do is exhausting and I find myself in a vegetative state on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy convincing myself "this is studying. I'm learning something here".  
yeah right.
So I reach out to you blog world/fellow nursing students.  How do you get everything done while enjoying the perks of life without feeling totally guilty??

A little something to remember...
Thanks for reading :)
-LC

No comments:

Post a Comment