Thursday, March 1, 2012

Back to the grind

WOW!! I can't believe I went a whole month without blogging (fail).  Seriously though, what a way to enter the blogging world.  I would like to blame my absence on this crazy busy term but that would be unfair to all of you who live the craziest of lives and still have time to be avid, loyal bloggers.  
This term has been a little intense though.  We started our Mental Health clinicals and let me tell you... Well actually I can't (Sorry! HIPAA spoils all the fun I know).  
Personally though this term has really been quite the emotional roller coaster.  We start this mental health rotation with preconceived notions on what it is going to be like, how the patients will act.  Many of us scared to walk onto the unit because of the unknown. 
Though I cannot say what I do or what I see, I can tell you I leave most days humbled.  I feel an honor to work with these patients.  To be allowed into their lives at one of the, if not the, most vulnerable point in their life, very thankful for this opportunity that so few people get to experience.  It really makes you more compassionate and understanding.
  Though this is not the hardest term physically, mentally I leave drained, almost more tired than our standard 12hr constantly moving shifts.
On a lighter note... I recently moved my grad date up!! YAY! now I will be officially done in JANUARY, sooo exciting.

Well better hit the books
Thanks for reading :)
-LC

No comments:

Post a Comment